Sunday, December 1, 2013

Butterfly Dreaming….

Good morning all.  
Firstly, a bit of trivia about me, for those that wonder 'why all the flowers, butterflies etc' in my paintings?  I was a florist for many years and just love all things flowers, colour and anything girly, pretty and feminine!!  I have a husband and two sons, so this is my 'girly' outlet!! lol

I love the colour combinations of the purples/blues/greens and couldn't resist on doing another one of these whimsical girl paintings using mixed media.  If you saw my previous post, I created one in other vibrant colours as well.  I have titled this one 'Butterfly Dreaming' as I think it was an apt name for it!  I have used a multitude of mixed mediums - pastels, ink, acrylic, fabrics, beads, paper and glitter glue.  Lucky for me it sold straightaway to someone locally where I live :)   Im currently working on another one, but in the colours red, pink, orange and yellow.   These 'girls' are a favourite of mine to make and there are many steps in the process of creating them, but maybe one day I will offer a workshop on her if there is any interest? 
 If anyone is reading this, I would love you to respond by telling me what colour combo you would like to see??  I am thinking of doing a mother/daughter or two sisters one in the future too.
Thoughts anyone???


Cheers 
Julie :)



From this angle you can see the metallic gold highlight and the glittery bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message....